Tuesday 7 February 2017

BAA Request

We have been asked by the British Astronomical Association to pass on a request to any of our members who are also BAA members:
 
Dr Nick Hewitt
“Gara”, Billing Park
Wellingborough Road, Northampton NN3 9BQ
Home: 01604 404007 Mobile: 07753 671091
15/01/2017
Dear Society President or Secretary,
I am writing to you in order to enlist your assistance in my task to try to forge greater relationships between the British Astronomical Association and grass roots amateur astronomy in Britain. We at the BAA feel that we have a great deal to offer amateur astronomers in expertise and experience but feel this resource is not being fully tapped. We are aware of some dissatisfaction of some members, and of some negative views of non-members. We hope to redress this.
I am attempting to find BAA members within the many astronomical societies in Britain, to gain their views and enlist some help (this would not be onerous!). I am hoping that you may ask your society members who are BAA members to contact me (nickdhewitt@btinternet.com ) just to make themselves known. I can then correspond with them directly. If you do not have any BAA members within your society, I would be pleased to know this too, so would be grateful for a note from yourself to this effect.
I do hope you may be able to assist me in this, and look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Yours sincerely
Nick
Dr Nick Hewitt
Trustee, British Astronomical Association

No comments:

Post a Comment