The Society for the History of Astronomy Autumn Conference will be held on 27 October 2018 at the John Lee Theatre, Birmingham & Midland Institute, Margaret Street, Birmingham B3 3BS from 09.30 to 17.00.
- Dr Allan Chapman FRAS (The Wonderful Century; From Atoms to Island Universes. Astronomy in the 20th Century),
- Andrew Stevens (Observing the Andromeda Galaxy, Dec 1612 to date-a warps and all story!),
- Rob Peeling (William Henry Smyth, his life, placing his astronomical work in the wider context of his participation in British intellectual life in the 19th Century),
- Eddie Carpenter and John Chute (Sir Robert Stawell Ball),
- Bob Bower (The Artistic skills of Lord Ross: His hitherto unpublished drawings), Graham McLoughlin (The 1927 Solar Eclipse)